Sunday, October 18, 2009

Alkanet, Onions and Osage

More natural dyeing....

Alkanet is a root and it stinks when you cook it. In theory you can get purples from it but I did not. I did get a lovely warm gray with a touch of purple but I'm not feeling the love to do this again.

IMG_2509.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

I may have felted the fibers a bit too since I was bit impatient with the whole process.


Onions skins red and yellow.
IMG_2513.JPG
20 grams of skins, 20 gram of fiber and I'm love the orange I got with this.

IMG_2540.JPG
A bit of handspun with onions skins

Osage Organge:
IMG_2539.JPG
Mordant the yarn some mystery yarn and some Lion Brand Fishermens Wool.

IMG_2511.JPG
onion skins, walnut sock yarn and the alkanet.

1 comment:

  1. I like your orange and red colors you've gotten with this batch of dyin. Good job!

    ReplyDelete