Friday, October 16, 2009

Eek! It's a Steek!

Steeking is scary process. You actually CUT your knitting. I'm not ready to steek a sweater yet. So I made a coffee cozy instead. I knitted a tube in the round then using a crocheted steek and scissors I cut it to lay flat then added a button band.

Buttons the close up

You can see more pics here of my the steeking process. Give it try! It's both scary and empowering at the same time.

Add some duplicate stitch if you desire

Overall it was a success. I learned a lot. I wish I had done a grabbier yarn for the crocheting part. The green is Cascade 220 and the pink is Paton's Merino that I dyed. The merino was just too smooth so some of cut ends of the steek worked loose. I manage to tighten it up so it seems fairly secure now.

Add some duplicate stitch if you desire

No comments:

Post a Comment