Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shawls - Lots of them

I've been yarning lots of shawls. So many that I joined the 10 shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry. So my list of shawls to make keeps getting longer and longer.

Shawl One: Ultra Traveling Woman
IMG_2831.JPG

Traveling Woman by Liz Abinante
Did extra repeats of the horseshoe pattern and could have done more. I had over an ounce of fiber left.
Ultra Alpaca Fine - Love the feel of the yarn but it's splitty. So I 'm not sure if I would buy it again.
US 6 needles


IMG_2946

Shawl Two:
I dream of spring All Shawl

All Shawl by Doris Chan
Changed up the edging. I replaced the pineapple border to the shell stitch. I like this shawl but I'm not sure it's my color. They yarn is super soft.
Cascade Heritage Paints and Solid - Used up what was left from my Dreaming of Spring socks.
I/5.5 mm hook


I dream of spring All Shawl

I dream of spring All Shawl

Shawl Three: Red Wine Saroyan
IMG_2990.JPG

Saroyan by Liz Abinante
I did a few extra pattern repeats in the middle section.
US 10 Needles
365 yards of Cascade 220

It's really soft and squishy but it's more like scarf in style so I don't know how much I will use it. I find I really like my triangular shawls as scarves as they stay on and looks pretty too.


IMG_2992.JPG

Shawl Four: A nod to the gods shawl
IMG_3060.JPG

Three-cornered Scarf by Ruth Hollowell in Intentional Spinner by Judith MacKenzie McCuin
US 8 but I wish I had used US 10
Used all but a small bit of my Wenslydale handspun single
I love how this turned out as the colors transition wonderfully.

The fiber before spinning:
Fireside Wenslydale

Spun Fiber:

IMG_3017.JPG


Shawl Five: In the Dark
IMG_3088.JPG

198 Yards of Heaven Shawl by Christy Verity
I used more of a sport weight yarn than the worsted yarn called for in the pattern. Hence I used about 288 yards of my very own black merino handspun yarn. I also omitted the edging rows using some else's mods from Ravelry.
US 8 needles

The handspun yarn:
IMG_3047.JPG

A bad photos of me wearing it for scale:
IMG_3082.JPG

Five done and five more to go. I have one on the needles right now and the yarn for one more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Congratulations on all of your shawls! I especially like the Doris Chan "All Shawl", and it's actually on my "mental to do list"

    Also love the red one. Thanks for sharing.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete