Thursday, August 10, 2006

Espresso Doily



Espresso is a Patricia Kristoffersen Doily from Coffee 'N' Cream.

I'm a bit disappointed how this turned out. Part of it puckered even after blocking. It still looks okay though. I think I need to work on my tension when doing the outer ring. The upside down picot were challenging to be nice about it!

This was my first time working with a better quality thread too. I use Opera from Coats and Clark. I loved it feel so shiny and smooth. It was almost too smooth! It took me some getting used to because my thread would slip of my hook.

Someday I want to make this again and have it turn out perfect. I need to let my memory fade a bit with the pesky upside down picot.

You can see more pictures of the doily in my doily set.

No comments:

Post a Comment