Saturday, September 1, 2007

Some of my favorite authors

The question will come up, Who are your favorite authors?, then I'm stumped. So decided to look though my library of reads and found several authors I really like.

I've recently listened to two Anita Shreve's books, Light on Snow and The Pilot's Wife. Both books are on the sad side dealing with the death of the loved one. I look forward to reading and listening to more of her novels.

Jodi Picoult is a prolific author who deals with difficult life dramas. The last two books I listened to, 19 minutes and The Tenth Circle, were like a train wrecks. They were ahrd to listen to but you had to keep going to see what would happen in the end. All I can say is that I am very happy that my kids are safe at home. A few of my favorites by Picoult and not so hard to read but still sad are Keeping the Faith and My Sisters Keeper.

On the lighter side of reading I like Jenifer Weiner author of Good in Bed and In Her Shoes also a movie.

I also enjoy Anita Diamant probably best known for her novel, The Red Tent. I also enjoyed The Last Days of Dog Town a historical fiction of the life of women in the late 18oo's.

It's rare that I find a male author I consistently enjoy. I really like William Kowlaki. My first and favorite read is The Adventures of Flash Jackson. He has written other books connected to many of the same characters in Flash Jackson.

I also like David Guttersen. I could be partial to him because he homeschools his kids too. I really like Snow Falling on Cedars and I read this book when I live in in Washington state. I have not read Our Lady of the Forest, it seems to have mixed reviews from readers. It's on my to read list.

Some of my favorite mind candy for reading or audiobooks are Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series, Ann B. Ross's Miss Julia Series, and Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment