Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday


I did it.  I got up on Saturday,  fixed myself a yummy breakfast, and without my usual partner in crime I biked to the market.

IMG_1744

















Where I gathered: kale, okra, green beans, zuchs, lettuce, cucumbers, spinach  sweet potatoes, lots of peppers, eggplant, apples etc.

By Friday the fridge was pretty bare of the food.  I did have some sad basil left and some green beans so I decided on pesto chicken.

The girl kid cubed up the chicken with our new nifty sharp knife and cooked it too.  I sauteed some garlic and shallots to toss with it later.  Then the kids had it with pasta and Stephen and I had it with some roasted green beans. It was delicious if I do say so myself.

I  tried to take a photo of the yumminess ( an new word :) but my camera was not cooperating with the flash.  I need a new photo process for the winter.  I don't have enough light in the evening for good food or fiber photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment