Saturday, March 25, 2006

Flowers! Flowers Everywhere!

Well there are lots of flowers in my house, crocheted flowers that is. I joined the flower frenzy swap on Corchetville then I went looking around for patterns to follow. I was never able to follow the pattern because I kept seeing the possibilites and made them my own. I also looked at granny square motifs because so many of them have a flower like center.

I want to encourage you to make your own flower designs. All you really do is start with a ring of single crochet anwhere from about 12 or more single crochets then make chain loops 6-10 or more chains long. In the chain loops do combinations of sc, hdc, dc, and tr to make a petal. I like adding a picot to the tip of each petal. Have lots of different kinds of yarns on hand to make the flowers interesting and add some texture. I used the following yarns in my flowers: Plymouth Encore, Caron Simply Soft, and a few different fancy yarns by Moda Dea and Bernat which added some pizaz to the flowers.

Because I do have a secret desire to be a star many of my design came out looking like stars which I call Star Flowers. You can get my free flower patterns here.

No comments:

Post a Comment