Friday, July 27, 2007

I may not have been posting but I have been busy...

This week I've been doing lots of cleaning. I'm trying to get better at keep things clean AGAIN. I love the results but I have never been good at keeping up with it but here's to keeping up with it this time!

I've been de-cluttering like crazy. I have loads of stuff to take to the thrift store and I have been brutal in that I'm even throwing things away that have no use, things that I'd be embarrassed to give them away. I'm de-stashing yarn and fabric. I've decided I'm a yarn geek not a sewing geek although I can sew and do sometimes, it's more on an as needed basis than a love. I now admit to being a yarn snob. I won't refuse some acrylic if it's colors I love because acrylics do have benefits. I love yarns that drape and feel lovely to touch.

Now that I have made some room, I made myself a spinning corner in the living room.
My Spinning Corner

Just above the chair you can see some recycled sweaters bags I finished a few weeks ago. They are a bit warm for the summer, but I will love using them this fall and winter to hold works in progress.

Recycled Sweater Bags

A current crocheting project in some absolutely divine yarn, Frog Tree Alpaca. It will be a spiral shawl.

Spiral Shawl - in progressSpiral Shawl - in progress

Neither of these gets across the color very well but does show what it looks like in different lighting.

6 comments:

  1. wow! these bags are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! You should see about taking photos for a fiber magazine. The sujects are beautiful, and the photos are art. I'm tempting to print that spindle picture and frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, it's a spinning wheel. Does it have a spindle? I'm not sure where I came up with the word now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spinning corner looks comfy.
    Great bags, by the way.
    I love the bottom one. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bags are awesome! Just recycled sweaters??/ AND a big thank you for turning me on to craftster...lots of talented folks over there

    ReplyDelete