Monday, January 23, 2006

This Weekend

Friday, we went to the new video store in town. They have some pretty good deals for videos. The kids, especially Corbin, were stoked about the GameCube games they could rent. So this weekend has been filled with playing Wind Waker and Paper Mario on the GameCube.

Saturday, Jade and Stephen took the recycle in and dropped off things we no longer needed at the thrift store. Then they went out to eat and had some fun connecting time. When they got home they had dessert for us. Yum!

We all sat down to eat our cakes, sodas and coffee while watching Madagascar AGAIN, because we just can't get enough of it or Corbin can't get enough of that movie. I do enjoy the soundtrack because we "We Like to Move it, Move it!" because dancing is fun.

Sunday, Jade and I did the grocery shopping and did some errands to get more storage bins. Storage bins are one necessary "school" supply for homeschoolers (and probably anyone with hobbies or kids.) I don't think you can ever have too many. I also bought a CD player to keep in the kitchen because Jade seems to have the other one in her room most of the time to listen to books on tape or CD. If I can listen to some music I enjoy I am much more likely to go into the kitchen to do some dishes. Let's just say that if I had a choice between doing the dishes or getting my teeth cleaned....I'd read a book or crochet or take a hot shower. The list is truly endless of what I'd rather do than do dishes or fold laundry for that matter.

I did some yoga today. I set the timer for 20 minutes and told myself I could stop when the timer went off. I also committed myself to one power pose today I did a lunge. My other poses were grounding poses and some twists. I woke up with a crick my neck but it was gone after doing yoga. I'm still a bit stiff probably because I haven't been doing yoga regurlarly since I started blogging.

Here's to getting back to yoga again and spending time with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment