Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

I didn't realize how many of these mother picture I have here include breasts. I was shocked myself. I'm posting this anyway because I truly believe that breast are more than actually, MUCH more than something sexual. Breasts contain a magic elixir than not only feeds our babies but it calms them and nurtures them.

Here's a visual feast honoring all the mothers I know

A sculpture given to me by a friend that represents Gaia, Mother Earth, mother of us all:

Gaia

A mural I found when Stephen and I lived near San Francisco. I was pregnant at the time with my first, Jade. This mural really touched me because it celebrates life, children, mothering.

Mothers - Mural


Using the above photo I made this Art Trading Card

Celebrate Mothers - Celebrate Life
Celebrate - Birth - Mothers


And a re-run picture here to all the moms who are nursing and nursed your kids. More power to yah! Got milk?

Milk Mural

No comments:

Post a Comment