Monday, May 1, 2006

Apparently (semi-rant)....

My bike is stupid.

Or so someone yelled to me from their car while I was on my way home from downtown. I had just had a lovely time perusing books stores, yarn stores and topped my day off with a quiche (and a chocolate eclair too yum!) from one off my favorite restaurants in Lawrence Wheatfield's. When I left I bought a loaf of Kalamata Olive Bread to take home. On my way home I figured what's bread without cheese? (It's just bread and that's not good) So I stopped off at the grocery store and bought some white cheddar cheese to eat with my bread.

Can you tell I like decadence?

Anyway when I had just reached the store someone yelled. "That's a stupid bike!"

I'm thinking...Wow...When I was a kid that would have bothered me. But now I'm just incredulous. I'm thinkin' to myself, is that the best you can do? My bike is stupid? Could you think of something more cutting to say. I mean really if you want to offend me I'm sure you could have done better than that....

My other side is saying: Really YOU think my bike is stupid? Okay. I don't think my bike is stupid. I think my bike is very practical. I think it's kind of fun. I like the metal basket I use to get groceries so I can save on gas. I like biking places instead of using the car all the time. I'm really happy with my bike. But thanks...Noted...YOU think my bike is stupid.

I wonder what makes someone shout something like that out? It's weird of me but I get why someone people do some REALLY hateful things not that I agree with or like their choices but I do understand that they are in pain, that they are suffering which causes them to hurt others.

My bike? Why say my bike is stupid or really anyone's bike. Let's hope spirit had a purpose for me to hear that stupid remark. Let's hope some young kid was spared that inane comment. Maybe spirit new I would just be perplexed and irritated. But a child, a child could be crushed with that.

Apparently, I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment