Sunday, April 2, 2006

Lulu - the spring time bear

Lulu - the spring time bear

Lulu just came out of hibernation to enjoy the lovely spring weather we are having in Kansas.

I used a F hook and brown Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Her flower eyes are made with #10 cotton which I crocheted with a #4 steel hook. She is sporting the freeform thread experiment has a sarong. I used embroidery floss to make the nose.

I may have stuffed her too much because there are larger holes than I'd like on her body. Overall I like her look. I read somewhere that the stuffing does relax and most sites to say to stuff amigurumi fuller than you think so I'm giving that a try although I'm not sure I agree.

I made her following the Amigurumi dude pattern in the Crochet Me spring issue. You can see more photos of Amigurumi inspired dudes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment