Saturday, April 1, 2006

Freeformin' it

I've been itching to complete a freefrom project so I started this project yesterday and decided to make a hat because I was kind of cold.

I really like how the colors came together but I'm not sure I like the "bumpyness" (like my technical term :) After taking the pictures is does seem that the hat is loosening up a bit and seems to look a little smoother. I used left-over ww Plymouth Encore yarn from my Bohemian Jacket and some Moda Dea Dream(fuzzy purple) and some other Bernat fancy yarns. I started the project using a fairly large hook like a J but them moved down to a H.

Here are a few pictures that give some views of the top of the hat and the sides and back:

Freeform Hat

Freefrom Hat

Freeform Hat - front view

I want to make another one soon when I can build up a good stash. A friend of mine is going to give me some yarn she doesn't want anymore which will be perfect for some freeform work. I mostly played with varying stitch height with this hat in my next project I want to get even more creative with the stitches

I also been messing around with some skinny scarf ideas becasue I 'm participating in the summer scarf swap on crochetville

I free formed this swatch to see how thread might hook up. I used a size 4 steel crochet hook and cotton thread # 10.

Thread Freefrom

Here's a close up of the sample:
Thread freeform

It's big enough to fit around my neck as a choker. I can't decide if I really like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment