Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Scarves, scarves everywhere

Scarves seem a bit insane with the heatwave sure to hit Kansas as the summer kicks in. I still like scarves because they are so easy to make. I'm having fun designing my own. It's a fun way to try out new stitch patterns and they work up so quickly.

I'm also making head scarves and head band like things too so I can hold my long hair back away from my face. It's giving me chance to try out some patterns and ideas with Lion Brand Microspun Yarn which I ljust love the feel of.

Here's a headband one I made inspired by Bruges Lace I love the look of this lace. I'm not much of a thread crocheter at least not yet. This style might make me a convert. I think it also translates well to yarn. I have a few ideas swirling around for a fun scarf using this method as a starting point. You can get the free pattern here for this headband.



















Here a scarf I made using microspun yarn from the Interweave Crochet - Spring 2006 it's The Pointer Sisters Scarf scroll to the bottom to find it. While you are at it you will find lots cool crochet projects. I want to make the colorful Babette Blanket, the Sea Side Espadrilles sandals for the summer and I also like the lavender shrug and I'm not a shrug person. I want to make the Sea Foam Skirt too but I have to learn how to do hairpin lace first. So much to learn so little time....

























Here's a yellow open net stitch scarf and a granny square like kercheif also made with Microsup Yarn.

Scarf and Kerchief

A close up of the yellow scarf I also made a kercheif with the yellow but couldn't find it to take a picture. I can tie this scarf around my head to keep my hair out of my face too.

Scarf  - close up

A close up of the kerchief - It's a free pattern from the Craft Yarn Council of America

Kerchief - close up

No comments:

Post a Comment