Friday, January 23, 2009

What's for Breakfast

So I guess a little break from all the healthy eating I've been doing. These started with a chunk of Artisan Bread 5 minutes a day dough that was already in the fridge. I highly recommend you use cold dough for this as it's easier to handle. With lots of flour and some patience you can use fresh dough. I find I need lots of lour even if the dough is cold so it doesn't stick to the table. Just go here for the basic recipe. This bread recipe is awesome because you don't have to knead it. Really!

Cinnamon Rolls - Sans Icing
Sans Icing

It took off a fairly big chunk about 1/3 of the recipe. I rolled out the dough so it was less than 1/2 thick. Then spread soften butter over it about 4 tablespoons. Then sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar, about 1/4 cup sugar to one teaspoon or so of cinnamon. I used organic sugar rather than brown sugar because I really like how it tastes. Then roll it up and pinch it closed. You can put it back in the fridge for about 10 minutes so it would be easier to cut but I don't always do this. I put a piece of parchment paper on my peel then places the cut rolls not quite touching on the parchment and covered them to rest for about 30 minutes. Then I put them in a 350 deg oven for 20 minutes or so.

I make the icing while they are cooking. When they come out of them they get iced immeduialtey so it melts and they rolls are super gooey.

Icing Recipe, just cream together the following then ice the rolls when they are hot
2T butter
2T cream cheese
1t vanilla
1t milk
1/2 cup or so powdered sugar

Cinnamon Rolls with icing
Iced and Super Yummy!

I made these yesterday and since dh didn't get any I made more for breakfast this morning. It was pretty hard not to eat them all but we manage to save back a few for the kids who are not up yet.

So have a yummy, virtual, cinnamon roll. The good thing is there are no calories so you can have as many as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment