Sunday, June 11, 2006

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

I apologize up front to anyone who prefers exact measurements. I can be that way too sometimes. Yet, I have gotten to the point that sometimes I want something yummy but I just don't want to take the time to measure every thing out. The recipe I am about to share is just a guess anyway because I'm trying to recreate a salad my dh and I LOVED to get when we ate at the Boho in Occidental, Ca.

Strawberry Salad - one serving:

green leaf lettuce about 1 cup shredded by hand or cut you decide
one small clove of garlic chopped or more (because let's be realistic here garlic is a VEGETABLE!)
a dash or more of olive oil
a dash or more of balsamic vinegar (this is the absolutely must ingredient! balsamic vinegar as far as vinegers go is very close to heaven for me and really makes this salad)
a dash of salt
2-3 strawberries sliced
a few pinches of sliced almonds almonds or toasted walnuts either is very good
a few pinches of fresh parmesan cheese ( parmesan cheese in a can is NOT good enough you must splurge on fresh parmesan cheese)

Viola you have a gourmet salad that reminds me of my salad days (pun intended) in California

Serve with chilled white wine and some white cheddar cheese and be happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment