Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday Thirteen-What we have been up to

So another theme I have seen around on blogs I read so I thought I'd give it a try and get me posting a little bit more often.

1. The kids have been going fishing with their dad. The first time Corbin caught fish and Jade didn't and the second time Jade caught fish and Corbin didn't. We are going camping and fishing this weekend !

2. Jade has been spending most of the summer in her room listening to books on tape.

3. Corbin and I are reading the Catwings series by Ursala K. Le Guin. We finished Catwings Tuesday and are currently reading Catwings Returns.

4. I've been crocheting but you already knew that didn't you? (reminder to self must change name of this blog to Confessions of a Mother Who Reads Crochets Too Much.)

5. I did pick up a book to read, Out of Eden, that's promising. I need to re-read One Thousand White Women: The Journals of Mary Dodd for bookclub in July.

6. Corbin has watched the Incredibles for at least 3 times this week.

7. Jade likes to stay up late and sleep in this summer.

8. I joined yet another forum to send and receive postcards from all over the world. It's called postcrossing It's inspiring me to get out the paper, glue, old magazines to make my own cards AND I love getting mail :)

9. Jade is taking a Japanese Calligraphy class which she seems to be enjoying quite a bit.

10. I should be getting ready for homeschool group today (Wednesday) rather than writing this post for tomorrow (Thursday)

11. I managed to get the most of the laundry that has decorated the family room floor (for several days now) folded and put away.

12. We had a blast at Shawnee Lake Park last week with some friends. Poor Corbin got a sunburn. They both had fun playing with friends, sliding down the slides and I had fun hanging with the moms.

13. I took a spinning class. Now, I want a spinning wheel anyone want to get me one? Ahhh well, I guess I'll stick with my drop spindles. Hey, if you change your mind let me know! I know just where I want to put it.

This time I'm not going to use that linky thing I used for the Wordless Wednesday but I'd love too see your list. Just make a comment in my blog then I will come read yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment