Here's what I used but add more to your liking. It's a great user upper of odds and ends from the garden this summer.
I forgot the lettuce in the pic- oops!
- This is ideal but you could substitute tortillas to make a wrap or bread for a sandwich
- I like to warm up my pita by toasting it a bit with a little olive oil. If you use a tort it's a good idea to warm it up a bit too so it doesn't break when you wrap. I'd like to toast up bread if I used it 'cause I like things crunchy.
- I bought mine pre-made at our local co-op but you can make your own. There are lots of recipes on line just get your google on.
- lettuce- shredded
- cumbers - thinly sliced
- carrots - grated
- red onion- thinly sliced
- squash - thinly sliced or grated
- red pepper - thinly sliced
I like to add some chili garlic sauce for some zing. If you do use this remember a little goes a very long way, it is very spicy.
Cut your pita in half then fill with the above goodies of your choice. One half is about good for a light lunch, eat both halves if you are really hungry.