Friday, June 8, 2007

knittin' and crochetin' up a storm

It's true. Didn't you see the rain and lightning yesterday? The kids and I were going to go to the pool but by the time we got there is was raining so we bailed. It's all my fault since I've been knitting up a storm making dishcloths and washcloths. I crocheted some too for a swap on craftester.

Spiral Swirl - dishcloths/washcloths
I might use this in the bath so it stays cleaner than for dishes.

dishcloths/washcloths
I used LionBrand Cotton and #6 circ needles (I think) using a magic loop for all of the above. They were all made using the Spiral Swirl Pattern here, scroll down a bit and find the pdf for the pattern. I think the instructions are incomplete. So I had to fudge it to make the petals work after the first one.

Lacey Diamonds dishcloth

This one has already been used but I saw two errors. Drats! If you click on the pic you can see the error notes on flickr. Knitted with LionBrand Cotton on #7 circ needles

Overall I am still pleased with the result. I used a lifeline on the purl rows so I could easily frog back if I missed something. You can find the free pattern here.

I made the below for swaps on craftster. The first three are were crocheted for the dishcloth/washcloth swap. They are all "my own patterns" or adaptations from patterns I have. I used an H hook and Lionbrand Cotton.

Wavy Cloth
Wavy Cloth

Shells Cloth
Shell Cloth

Wavy and Shell came from a Japanese stitch pattern book I got on the cheap at my LYS.


Willow Cloth
This one I adapted from the Willow Block from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks. This block is also in Spring 2007 issue of Interweave Crochet.

"coffee" dishcloth

This is also a free pattern on line but I'll need to hunt for it first. This is jut a sneak peek of what I sent to my partner for the Coffee, Tea and Cocoa Swap on Craftster. I had fun getting creative for this swap and got some great stuff from my partner too.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Shell Cloth and the coffe cloth, they are very pretty.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete