Thursday, March 20, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: The End

You’ve just reached the end of a book . . . what do you do now? Savor and muse over the book? Dive right into the next one? Go take the dog for a walk, the kids to the park, before even thinking about the next book you’re going to read? What?

(Obviously, there can be more than one answer, here–a book with a cliff-hanger is going to engender different reactions than a serene, stand-alone, but you get the idea!)

I suppose it does differ from the book and the mood I'm in too. Sometimes the dishes really do need to get done so I'm in the kitchen doing those. If I'm reading a good series and the next one is available I'm likely at the computer reserving the next book. If I have been reading a lot I might need a break from the reading and go play a game with the kids or watch some TV. Since it's getting nicer out I'll be in the garden some. If it was a disturbing book like some of Jodi Picoult's stories I might want a new book to get the icky taste from my mouth. (Yet I do like her stories but they just aren't happy ones.)

Want to see what others answered to this question? Go here.

1 comment: