Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Book Review: Twins

This is more of a shout out about a few books I've read recently about twins one fiction, the other non-fiction.

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited by Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein

Both books share insight to the bond of twins. The Thirteenth Tale is a bit of mystery and is a bit like Jane Eyre in energy. There are reference to Jane Erye in the story too. Identical Strangers is a bit of Mystery as well. After the twins find each other they look for their mother and try to uncover why they were separated at birth. I listened to audio books for both books.

Bianca Amanto and Jill Tanner narrated The Thirteenth Tale and did superb jobs. The story took a few cds to get into but then I was hooked because I needed to know what the mystery was all about. It was like story within in a story.

Alma Cuervo narrated Identical Strangers and did a great job as well. I felt like I really got to know Paula and Elyse. I identified with wanting a twin or someone who you felt like really knows you and you know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment