Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Book Review: Blood Shot

IMG_1675

So I'm not all that into the vampire genre  except for Buffy and Angel.  But my husband recommended Blood Shot by Cherie Preist because it's not just about vampires it's a vampire mystery novel.  He knows how I love a good mystery.  Since I did enjoy Priest's other novel Boneshaker the first in a steampunk zombie series.  I thought I'd give Blood Shot a chance.  I'm glad I did.

Who knew vampires could be so human.  Reylene, our intrepid thief and mystery solver,  has her issues.  She's very concerned about safety and being prepared for anything which doesn't seem much like a vampire and she cares. She can also kick some serious ass.  You can almost forget she's a vampire until she eats that is.  She only eats the bad guys.  I don't want to give too much more away.  If you are in the mood for some light reading then this might be the book for you.  I just started Hell Bent which is book two in the series. I love a good series.





No comments:

Post a Comment