Friday, November 4, 2005

gods in Alabama

I picked up gods in Alabama on the hold shelf at the library. I started reading it and it was difficult to put it down throughout the day to help the kids and get the house cleaned up bit. It completely took my mind off the book I left at homeschool group that I even forgot to call about getting it back.

So read gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson, you won't regret it. gods in Alabama is a story about taking care of your own, racism, the deep south, and love. The main character Arlene made me laugh out loud, at the same time she was real and vulnerable and I was worried about her. I think I fell in love with Arlene but maybe I just fall in love with books and this book especially. Because I feel about this book as I do about so many. I want more. What will happen with Arlene and Burr, Arlene's boyfriend? Will they get married? Will they have children? When you get a chance, mosy on over to the author's blog because she can write.

No comments:

Post a Comment