Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tangling Tuesday: Tools and Organization

Picture 204

I like having things handy.  The easier things are to find and use the more likely I will use them.

Picture 203

I re-purposed a basket that was being used but not efficiently.  This basket has good memories.  When I look at it I remember our time living in Sebastipol, Ca. I bought it at the consignment shop there.  It's perfect to keep my pens and papers handy for tangling.   Papers and other items fit in the larger basket. behind the pens.

Picture 202

These are all cut to size 3.5 by 3.5 inches.  Sometimes I have Art Trading Card size c2.5 x 3.5 inches. The colored paper is some basic cardatock I got at Micheals.  The white paper is Strathmore 300 Series.  It's 100 lb paper with a vellum surface.

I have black and sepia sakura pigma pens in a few sizes.  I can find these at Michaels but online I like to get them at Jet Pens.  So far the size I use the most is .25.  I got a brush one for filling but wish I had the .5mm instead.  I have a few colored pens and would like more. Zentangle.com also sells pens in sets for tangling.  

Picture 200

I love using altoid tins to store things.  This one holds some blending sticks that blend pencil shading, pencil sharpener, and an eraser.  I just might add an empty tin to collect pencil shavings.

Picture 199

This tin holds tangling patterns.  These are only the ones I've made so far there are many more. So when I am working on a zentangle I can get inspiration.  Sometimes I get kind of stuck and don't have a direction I can see.   I pull these out to inspire me.

Picture 196

I also have a journal where I doodle around.

Zentangles 005


So now go get your doodle on!

No comments:

Post a Comment