Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Audio Books - NaBloPoMo#15

I'm new to audiobooks. My daughter has been listening to audiobooks ever since she fell in love with Harry Potter. I re-read several of the books a few times then said no more when we found the audiobooks. I wasn't sure I would like them for myself but lately my love of crochet has clashed with my love of books. So finally I found some audiobooks I wanted to give a try. I've decided I like it just fine, maybe even better than reading them. Even better, I can keep up with my "reading" and my crocheting.

I just finished Hot Six by Janet Evanovich which is the 6th book in the Stephanie Plum series. Stephanie is a bail bonds agent who doesn't like guns or to run. She gets herself in the craziest situations but always lands on her feet. In Hot Six her relationship with Joe Morelli heats up as well as her relationship with Ranger a sexy bail bonds agent. I love this series because I tend to laugh a lot so it's good therapy.

Currently, I'm listening to the the Dragonfly in Amber the second book in the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. I tried reading this book a few months ago and lost interest but I am enjoying the audiobook. I'm curious to find out what happens next. In the first book Outlander Claire goes back in time to the 17th century and returns to her time at the end of the book. In Dragonfly in Amber she is back in her real time and several years have passed. Then the book goes "back in time" again with Claire sharing in more detail her life in the 17th century. I don't want to share too much more but if you need some light reading, like a bit of steamy romance and historical stuff you will enjoy it.

It's both a blessing and a curse but dang it of the books in the Outlander Series are LONG! I just finished the 17th cd and I am only halfway through the audiobook. I am now thoroughly hooked and I am quite frustrated as I can't listen to more until I get the 2nd set of cds from the library. Please, please let it be in! I'm anxious to see what happened when she returned to the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment