Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What We've been up to Wednesday - NaBloPoMo#29

This is a brand new meme, what do ya think? So when I have a mind to I regale you all (all 8 to 10 people who actually read this blog) the amazing thing the kidlets and I have been doing together or on our own because I most sure ya'll are burning to know.

So here goes:

Jade spent most of her birthday money on a gameboy advance of her own. So she's spent most of the last few days holed up in her room getting through the stages of a Mega Man game which requires lots of reading. This game is also filled with lots of "tests' so who says unschooling kids never take tests. While playing the game she's listening to Harry Potter for the umpteenth time.

Corbin's bought a few gamecube games with the last of his allowance. He also made monsters in the sand with a friend on the unseasonably gorgeous day we had Tuesday. We've been "playing war" with the nerf guns he bought Thanksgiving weekend. So much for a peaceful household but we sure are having fun. Just before we went to bed, Corbin dressed up as a knight and told me a dragon slaying story. I sure wish I had perfect memory because I would share it with you.

I've been crocheting up a storm trying to finish up holiday gifts and listening to audiobooks. Making a list and checking it twice to make sure we do all the things we want to do this holiday. Of course I've been blogging regularly too. I'm still getting up early about every other day to take our clothes to the river wash to the laundromat. The plus side is I get a little uninterrupted crocheting or reading time the down side is it's expensive. So even though we don't got money, I'm still in love with you honey, we've figured we might as well buy washing machine now rather than later at the rate I'm spending quarters to do our wash we will have bought a washer. So a brand new washing machine will arrive here soon. I am much thankful for that.

Now off to do the laundry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment