Friday, November 10, 2006

Freeform Purse - NaBloPoMo#10

Whenever I get the chance I make something freeform. During the summer secret pal swap my partner said she wouldn't mind a freeform purse or tote.

Her favorite colors were pinks and blues. I hope I didn't take the color scheme too far as it came out quite bold. She did say thank you but you never know.

Freefrom purse - a work in progress

Almost done just need to sew it together, weave in those pesky ends and make a strap, and sew in a lining. (Doing my best to look at the work that was ahead of me with glass half full kind of attitude.)

I enjoy the freeform process except for weaving in the end. That's the biggest trouble with freeform so many yarn changes so many ends to weave in, so much sewing to put the scrumbles together. Since, I love the process so much and the end result most of the time I keep at it.

FreeForm Purse - almost done FreeForm Purse - almost done
The back (left) and the front of the purse(right)

Before I sent it off to her I steam blocked the shoulder strap with an iron. I used a pink lining with fabric I had on hand that I dyed myself. Dang it! I didn't get a post of the lining.


FreeForm Purse - almost done
The front flap open

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this purse! I'm gonna have to try and do something like it. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete