Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn Romance Pullover

I started this last September and got quite a bit finished then got stuck on how to shape it as the directions in the magazine were not clear. Then I got help from the designer and made some tweaks myself so I finally finished it this spring.

Autumn Romance Pullover

Specs:
Autumn Romance Pullover by Annette Petavy in Interweave Crochet Fall 2007
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy about 6 skeins of it almost 1000 yards or so. I bought 8 but I have almost 2 full skeins left over and some small balls too. I really like this yarn and will use it again.
Hook: H/5.0mm

I didn’t do the shoulder shaping like it was written. I just didn’t like how it looked and my shoulder’s don’t slope that much. I did just two rows of shaping and made it go more gradual.

I wish I had crocheted the sleeves a little shorter but I don’t mind the length. I think I did gradual increase every 4th row or something like that until I got the the patterns requirements then I worked even.

I slipped stitched the sides, shoulders and sleeves for more stability. I wish I had done it a bit loosely but it doesn’t look bad. I did the back stitch for the shoulders and that turned out well and I will use this method more often sewing together crocheted sweaters.

The edging called for 4 dcs and I did 3 dc as I didn’t want an over ruffled look.

1 comment: