Sunday, October 12, 2008

Knits for the Boy Kid

Hooded Sweater Shirt

The boy modeling his sweater
The boy and the sweater are a work in progress.

Basic notes:
I wasn’t getting gauge so I knitted to add more stitches for the back. I was getting 5st/inch and didn’t want to go up to a size 10 needle to see if that would make a difference. So I first thought 62 sts for the back sts would be fine but needed to add more increase rows to get the raglan long enough for some arm/sleeve room. So I ended with 70 sts.

Hoodie for the Boy Kid

Specs:
US 7 for the ribbing and US 9 needles for the sweater
Lion Brand Wool Ease in Denim Twist I used 4.5 skeins.
Children's Hooded Tunic #232 by Diane Soucy

Hoodie for the Boy Kid


Skull Cuffs - The Bead Goes On by Renee Ladd from Stitch and Bitch Nation.

Skull Cuffs

Wildfoote Black Sock yarn, some beads and size 2.0mm needles. I made a pair for his birthday. I knitted them up and kept them on the needles so I could add more rows if needed since the pattern was designed for an adult wrist. Some day I'll get a pic of him wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment