Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Teal Twist Mitts

Remember my Teal with a Twist Handspun? I spent some time this weekend using it to hook up some fingerless mitts. I tried using a shell stitch which I thought would work great but I was so wrong as you can see:

Teal Twist Mitts take one

You just can't see any stitch definition and as you all know I'm all about the stitches. Shell stitches I think looks best in solid colors.

Java Jammie

But sometimes look good in yarns that have long colorway like this:
Java Jammie

As it turns out this project more about the yarn. So I went back to the basics just plain old half double crochet (hdc) and came up with these:

Teal Twist Mitts

Teal Twist Mitts

Did I telly how soft these are? They are very soft. I'm going to love them this winter to keep my hands warm around the house. Heck, I love them now. I took notes so you too can make them if you wish. Check back later for the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment