Thursday, October 16, 2008

Teal with a Twist

I got this roving from a friend of mine who didn't realize she had bought superwash wool to felt with. Her poor luck was my good luck.

Green and Purple Roving


P&G

However my luck ran out when washing the yarn to set the twist. I did not have it tied together to prevent tangling so I had to untangle it. Then I did the same thing again when drying it so I had to untangle it again! So let my mistake be a lesson to you. Make sure you tie up your skein in several places so that doesn't happen to you. I still love how it turned out.

Teal with a Twist

I ended with about 200yards 2ply worsted weight yarn that is only a little unbalanced. I like the colors of this and thought at first it would be a crocheted hat. Now my plan is fingerless mitts.

1 comment: